Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A devastating Fire brokeout at Barabazar area in Kolkata

(Photo Courtesy : Anandabazar Patrika)

It was Sunday morning (13th Jan, 2008). As usual I was enjoying my weekend sleep with my mouth open. I was dreaming that may be today I'll get some thing different other than Maggi in my breakfast...in my subconscious mind I was waiting for the doorbell to ring because that means my "Bai" has come and the time is exactly 11:47 am.
Suddenly something started ringing and I started moving towards the door with both eyes close. But hey...one min..this is not the doorbell. Something ringing continuously and the melody is far better than the cacophony of my doorbell. I realized that this is my mobile phone which has done this mishap to make me awake before 11:47 in a Sunday morning. I opened my left eye, the flashy screen was showing "Chotomama calling..."
"Hello..." I replied to my uncle's call. "Hello..Hello Chotomama...are you there? ". After a pause a I heard a weary voice..." I am finished now..." and rest 15mins was the "Ga Ga of this years first Indian tragedy".
" The Burning Bazar" was the headline. When I finished reading the newspaper, I was nowhere in a mood to call my friend to book a ticket for "TZP". 48 Fire brigade engines, army disaster management cell, thousand of menatlly devastated shopkeepers and a burnt building called "Nandaram Bazar" was the "Clear picture".
Sorry Aamir, "TZP" can wait but I need to give my healing touch to my eclipsed "Chotomama", a small shopkeeper in "Nandaram market"